Its only appropriate that I add a Salsa recipe after my last blog on storing cilantro !! This would be a perfect gift. Its fast and easy and DELICOUS !! You can make this mild or spicy but either way, it will be great. Try this super simple and healthy recipe.
- 4 lbs tomatoes
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled
- 1 green bell pepper
- up to 3 small jalapeno peppers
- 1 anaheim pepper 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 bunch cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 scant teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 scant teaspoon season salt
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 scant teaspoon lemon juice (either fresh or bottled)
- freshly ground black pepper
Core and roughly chop all produce. Remove seeds from peppers as desired. For milder salsa, remove all pepper seeds; for spicier salsa, leave some or all seeds in. Working in batches, use a food processor to chop tomatoes, onion, all peppers, garlic, and cilantro to desired size. I pulse mine until it’s just a little chunky. Pour salsa into a large bowl and add all seasoning and lemon juice. Refrigerate until needed. Makes 4-5 pints.