Oil pulling is a long uses healing therapy used in Europe, India and China. By swishing oil in the mouth for 20 minutes, it pulls out toxins and heals the body from the inside out. You can use coconut oil, sesame oil, olive oil or any other edible oil. This is a simple practice that you can do daily that will detox the body and help speed up your metabolism. All you will need is:
The oil of your choice (coconut, sesame, sunflower any edible oil)
The best time to oil pull is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
Pour one tablespoon of the oil into your mouth
Set the timer for 20 minutes
Swish the oil around in your mouth without swallowing. Move it around in your mouth, through your teeth like mouthwash. No need to gargle and try not to swallow because it will be full of the bacteria and toxins you are trying to get rid of.
As your 20 minutes comes to an end and the mixture in your mouth has gotten thicker, you can spit the oil/saliva mix in the toilet (if you spit in the sink it might clog up the drain when it solidifies)
Finally rinse out your mouth with warm water a couple of times and brush your teeth.
This should be done daily for maximum health benefits.
Some other benefits to oil pulling are:
- Migraine headache relief
- Correcting hormone imbalances
- Reducing inflammation of arthritis
- May help with gastro-enteritis
- Aids in the reduction of eczema
- May reduce symptoms of bronchitis
- Helps support normal kidney function
- May help reduce sinus congestion
- Some people report improved vision
- Helps reduce insomnia
- Reduced hangover after alcohol consumption
- Aids in reducing pain
- Reduces the symptoms of allergies
- Helps detoxify the body of harmful metals and organisms